Celebrating the Success
of Seattle U Gives 2020
Two weeks ago, thousands of Seattle U alumni, friends, students, families, staff and faculty members came together and contributed to our most successful Seattle U Gives to date. We are proud to announce that this generous community raised over $450,000 from more than 2,600 gifts in just 24 hours.
Here are a few of our favorite highlights of the day's historic impact:
- $453,018 raised from 2,603 gifts:
- 983 gifts from friends
- 614 gifts from alumni
- 537 gifts from SU students, faculty and staff
- 469 gifts from parents
- Congratulations to our top five participating areas:
- Athletics raised 1,644 gifts
- Albers School of Business & Economics raised 174 gifts
- The Center for Community Engagement raised 164 gifts
- Scholarships raised 133 gifts
- Student Development raised 103 gifts
- 2,233 generous donors participating, 52% making their first-ever gift to SU
- More than half of all gifts made during Seattle U Gives were $25 or less. Working together, gifts of every size add up to a BIG impact.
We are especially inspired by the far-reaching impacts of this generosity—supporting student scholarships, enhancing programs and university initiatives, elevating our student-athletes, and so much more. When our entire community comes together, students, their communities and the whole world benefit.
If you missed the chance to participate and are moved by this display of generosity, you can still make a gift to the cause closest to your heart.
We hope you can join us next year—stay tuned for an announcement soon for Seattle U Gives 2021.