Message from Coach Barnes
A season of fantastic college tennis is upon us once again. We are looking forward to the addition of new players and a competitive schedule, as well as all the challenges that will face us both athletically and academically.
In the past year, our tennis programs have found much success:
- Both teams improved their grade point averages
- Multiple WAC All-Academic honorees
- Two student-athletes graduated with honors in 2019
- The formation of the inaugural “Hit Around,” a special event that connected our alumni with our current student-athletes
- Induction of tennis alum, Dayna Maltby, ’92, into the SU Hall of Fame
- 100% retention of our student-athletes
The funds that we raise directly support our student-athletes. Every dollar will assist in the purchase of training equipment, offset the rising cost of travel, provide additional staffing support, and provide a well-rounded academic and athletic experience that will translate into a strong student-athlete.
On behalf of our student-athletes, thank you for your generosity.
Men’s and Women’s Tennis Head Coach